How to Search the Web
Conducting an Advanced Search: Step 1
In this demonstration, we'll conduct an advanced search on Ask Jeeves on censorship issues involving school boards that do not involve violent content. If you would like to complete the steps in this demonstration on your own, please visit the Ask Jeeves advanced search page and carry out the following steps:
- Type censorship and education in the Find box.
- Type school board in the Must Have field of the Include or exclude words or phrases box.
- Type violence in the Must Not Have field of the Include or exclude words or phrases box.
- Restrict the language to English.
- Restrict the type of sites you want to view to government sites by typing .gov in the Domain or site box.
- Click on the Ask button near the Find box.
- Click on the Continue button below.