How to Use Your Word Processor
Saving a File to a New Location
To save your file in a new location, such as on a floppy disk, zip disk, or other form of removable media, use the Save As dialog box to choose the new location. In Microsoft Word, follow these steps:
- Open the document you want to save to a new location.
- Click on the FILE > SAVE AS menu command.
- In the Save As dialog box, click on the Save In drop-down menu (see image below).
- Select the new location for your file by browsing to the drive and/or folder you want to save the file in.
- Click on the Save button.