How to Use Your Word Processor
Using the Replace Tool
The Replace tool allows you to search for words or phrases—or, for that matter, for any combination of characters in a document—and replace them. Most word processors use the EDIT > REPLACE or EDIT > FIND AND REPLACE menu command to start the Replace tool. To use the Replace tool in Microsoft Word:
- Click on the EDIT > REPLACE menu command.
- Type the word or phrase you want to replace in the Find what field.
- Type the new word or phrase in the Replace with field.
- Choose any search options, such as matching case (capitalization) or selecting entire words.
- Choose any formatting options, such as boldface font or underlined words.
- Click on the Replace, Replace All, or Find Next buttons.